Tuesday 13 June 2017

Self deprecating dieter

We all have to start somewhere and to be honest a few weeks ago I could given you the photo of 27stone 2lbs, so you will just have to take my word for it.

It seems a few days off work and no access to sweets and biscuits really does help.

Folks may ask a dieter what is your goal or target weight?

Until I got these scales which go well over 30stone (I never want to try them out to that weight may I ask) my first goal was to be able to get on a set of standard scales and be weighed as they stopped working just after 24 stone.

Kind of ironic for someone to have to diet so they can weigh themselves. So I always used to joke about only getting weighed when I went down to the postal sorting office. Which for quiet a while wasn't to far from the truth. As I always ended up on the special scales at the hospital or doctors and have had many a time where they couldn't weigh me so would ask me what I thought I weighed.

But I did actually work at the postal sorting office for a while and could weigh myself on a scale normally used for pallets. So my joke was quite near to the truth.

My actual goal is to lose enough weight so my wife can put her arms around me and clasp her hands behind my back. Something when we first met 10 years ago she could do, it would make a good Christmas present and although she knows I lover her would be another sign that I did.

P.S. my knees gave way the other day so for myself I am only 43 and want to have a good life without surgery so less weight on my knees would really help me and I need to get it sorted.

So here is post 1 and hopefully by post before Christmas I will have a much lower figure to show you.

---------------------
A post shared by Connect Millions (@connectmillions) on

No comments:

Post a Comment